- Get a flu shot! See below for more info.
- Wash your hands often, especially after using public computers, after you cough, etc.
- Cover your cough with a sleeve or tissue instead of your hands.
- Do not share food or drinks with others.
- Get plenty of rest to keep your immune system working at its best.
Student Health Service has flu shots available. Cost: Students - $15 Faculty/Staff - $20. You may call 715-836-5360 for more information and to set up an appointment to get a flu shot at the clinic. We are located in Crest Wellness Center on upper campus.
- Sudden high fever (usually over 101 degrees)
- Cough or sore throat
- Body aches and headache
- Sometimes, runny nose, vomiting or diarrhea
What to do if you get the flu
- Get plenty of rest.
- Stay home from class or work. Limit your contact with other people.
- Email or call your professor or employer to let them know you are sick.
- If you live on campus and need help getting your meals, contact your RA.
- Call Student Health Service at 715-836-5360 with any questions or concerns.